Charles D Leonard, CIH
Baton Rouge, LA 70808
GHS Safety Data Sheets, exposure assessments and controls, emulsion polymerization, carbon black, environmental sampling.
Scope of Activities
Industrial Hygiene: GHS-Compliant Safety Data Sheets and data sheet conversion for chemical manufacturers and formulators.
Exposure assessments including mold, asbestos, lead, hazardous dust, silica, organic chemicals.
Quality Assurance & Process Control: ISO-9001 compliant quality systems consulting and internal audits, including ISO-9001:2015. Multivariate process control and process improvement using multivariate DOE.
Process Safety Analysis & HAZOP, OSHA Hazard Communication, Chemical Hygiene Plans, radiation safety annual audits.
Building Science: LEED Green Building & ventilation system assessments. Chinese drywall assessments and building mold sampling.
Certifications & Accreditations
Certified Industrial Hygienist, comprehensive practice, 1990. #4699
Radiation Safety Officer. Radiation Safety Academy, 2005.
AHARA & LDEQ Asbestos Project Designer and Inspector
Accredited NELAC Environmental Laboratory assessor
ISO-9001:2015 Lead Auditor
ASTM D-11 Rubber, D-22 Air Quality & D-24 Carbon Black (former D24.71 Chairman)
American Board of Industrial Hygiene, AIHA Deep South Section Treasurer, 1993-97, President 2011
American Chemical Society
Society for Chemical Hazard Communication (SCHC)
Publications & Patents
– IISRP Source Emissions & Popcorn Polymer Committee. Contributor to IISRP Butadiene Popcorn Polymer Resource Handbook.
– IISRP Source Emission Analytical Ad-hoc Committee: “Determination of residual styrene in crumb rubber” by L. Levi, R. Wu, G. Ghebremeskel, C. Leonard, G. Frisone, G. Collins, D. Daugherty and T. Gurley, Houston, TX (1992). 40 CFR 63 Appendix A, EPA Method 312A–Determination of Styrene in Latex Styrene-Butadiene Rubber Through Gas Chromatography (MACT compliance test)
– Process for Producing Hydrogenated Polymers, US Patent #60/317979
– New Guaianolides from Berlandiera pumila and B. texana, and the X-Ray Crystal Structure of Pumilin. JD Korp, I Bernal, NH Fischer, C Leonard, I Lee, N LeVan. J. Heterocyclic Chemistry, 19,181 (1982).
– Innovations in the Production of HNBR, W Belt, O Aagaard, C Leonard, T Tsai and N van der Aar. Rubber Division, American Chemical Society, Cleveland, Ohio, October 16-19, 2001. 123