Aurora, IL 60504
Dr. Babcock has specialized throughout his career in the role that materials contribute to the limitations and failures of products and systems. He has substantial experience in a variety of materials, corrosion, measurement instrumentation, materials testing, intellectual property litigation, processing and processing equipment, R&D practices, and project management.
Illinois Wesleyan University, Bloomington IL, 1994 B.A.
University of Chicago, Chicago IL, 1995 M.S.
University of Chicago, Chicago IL, 1998 Ph.D.
Senior Consultant, ENGINEERING SYSTEMS, INC – AURORA, ILLINOIS, 2017-PRESENT
Co-Founder / Chief Scientist, GREEN LIGHT INDUSTRIES – WEST CHICAGO, ILLINOIS, 2006-PRESENT
Principal Scientist, CAULFIELD ENGINEERING – NAPERVILLE, ILLINOIS, 2014-2017
Director of Chemistry & Materials, ITC EXPERTS, INC. – SUGAR GROVE, ILLINOIS, 2011-2014
Senior Consultant, PACKER ENGINEERING, INC. – NAPERVILLE, ILLINOIS, 2008-2011
Adjunct Professor, WAUBONSEE COMMUNITY COLLEGE – SUGAR GROVE, ILLINOIS, 2007
Senior Research Scientist, ULTRAMET, INC. – PACOIMA, CALIFORNIA, 2000-2006
Postdoctoral Research Associate, DEPARTMENT OF MATERIALS ENGINEERING, NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY – EVANSTON, ILLINOIS, 1998-2000
1) “Catalytic Smog Reduction” Jackson, G. P., Babcock, J. R., and Zlotnicki, J. M.; United States Patent 8475751 B2, 7/2/13.
2) “Hydrogen Extraction” Jackson, G. P., Babcock, J. R., and Zlotnicki, J. M.; United States Patent Application 20100035103, 2/11/10.
3) “Self-Adjusting Propellant Decomposition Catalyst” Babcock, J. R., Fortini, A. J., and Wright M. J.; United States Patent Application 20080064913 11/20/05.
4) “Metal Gas Separation Membrane” Alvin, M.A., Babcock, J. R.; United States Patent 7018446 9/24/03.
5) “Decomposition of Organic Azides” Babcock, J. R. and Fortini, A. J.; United States Patent 7338540 3/4/08.
ASTM C16 – Thermal Insulation, D22 – Air Quality, and F08 – Sports Equipment, Playing Surfaces, and Facilities
American Chemical Society (ACS)
American Ceramic Society (ACerS)